Monday, May 5, 2014

Lemon Cookies with White Chocolate Chips




Cliff and I had some friends over last night to hang out. They brought their daughter, and AB had a blast running around the living room playing with her. They were coming just after dinner time, so I wanted to make something sweet we could all have for a nice snack. Cliff was wanting lemon white chocolate chip cookies, which I've made before, and I was very happy to make them. 

Lemon is so fruity and refreshing, which is perfect for this weather. And the white chocolate chips balanced the fruitiness with sweetness. These cookies are perfect with some pink lemonade while you sit on the porch swing. 

Here's what you need:
  • 1 C of butter, softened
  • 3/4 C of brown sugar
  • 1/4 C of granulated sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp. of vanilla extract
  • 1 tsp. of baking soda
  • Juice from 2 lemons
  • 3.4 oz package of lemon pudding mix
  • 1 lemon's worth of lemon zest
  • 3 C of all-purpose flour
  • 1 bag of white chocolate chip morsels
Here's what you do:
  • Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
  • In a large mixing bowl, use a hand mixer to beat everything except the flour.
  • After it's mixed well and is smooth, slowly add your flour about 1/2 C at a time until it's all incorporated.
  • Using a wooden spoon, mix in your bag of chocolate chip morsels.
  • Put about 1 Tbs of dough onto a cookie sheet, lined with parchment paper, 2 inches apart.
  • Bake for 10-12 minutes.


These soft cookies are still just as fresh tasting the next day as they were when I made them. Not too many survived last night, though. But I'm not complaining about that! I hope you enjoy these refreshing cookies when you make them!



post signature

1 comment:

  1. Nice recipe to try for my kids! I will pinned on my pinterest board :)

    I found your blog through bloggy moms, and I would like to extend you an invitation to Blog of the Month Busy Mom Monologues. This is a great way to get your blog out there. Here is the link if you are interested: http://bit.ly/1sL2UV0

    ReplyDelete