Thursday, April 24, 2014

EASY Cheescake Swirl Brownies




CM has been requesting several things from me lately. For the past week, he's been wanting my Chicken Tacos again. Well, I'm trying to post something new at least 5 days out of the week, those days being the weekdays, and because I promised to make these tacos for him several times and never followed through, I knew I couldn't get away with postponing the tacos until the weekend. That means that I have the oh-so-unfortunate job of making another dessert to post.

Luckily, he made my decision on what to make easy because he's also been asking for brownies too. And since the boys spent the night at their grandparents' house last night, I figured it would be the best time to make them. Now, if any of my readers have learned anything from this blog, it's that I looooooooove the "easy way out" recipes. Little effort, little work, great results. That means I didn't want to make these brownies from scratch, so I used the Betty Crocker brownie mix instead.

This recipe was just too easy. It took me about 10 minutes to prep, and then I sat in the living room while they baked. Strenuous. For the brownie mix, you'll make it as it says on the package, but I still listed what was needed for the brand of brownies that I made.

Here's what you need for the brownies:
  • 1 Betty Crocker 8x8 Brownie Mix package
  • 1/3 C of oil
  • 1 eggs
  • 2 Tbs of water
Here's what you need for the cheesecake:
  • 1 8oz block of cream cheese softened
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 C of sugar
  • 1 tsp of vanilla extract
Here's what you do:
  • Preheat your oven to 350 and spray an 8x8 in pan with cooking spray.
  • In a large bowl, make of the brownie mix as it says on the package
  • Pour the brownie mix into the pan.
  • In another bowl, add the softened cream cheese, egg, sugar, and vanilla extract.
  • Blend together with a hand mixer until it's creamy and smooth.
  • Pour on top of the brownies and try to spread it somewhat evenly
  • Use a knife to swirl the cheesecake mixture and brownie mixture around until you're satisfied with your swirling.
  • Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes.
  • Let it sit and chill before attempting to cut into it. It may take a while to set, so it could be overnight before you get to enjoy them.


It's such a good way to dress up those brownie mixes without a lot of added work! CM thoroughly enjoyed them, but he does love his brownies. 

Be sure to let me know how they turned out for you, and share it with your family and friends!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment