Monday, April 7, 2014

Creamy Chicken Tacos


I love tacos, plain and simple. When I lived at home with my parents, my dad and I would have taco nights on the nights when my mom had things to do and wouldn't be home for dinner- my mom doesn't like tacos. She's weird. I miss those nights terribly, just like I miss my dad (HI, DAD!!).

These aren't the type of tacos my dad and I would make, though. We'd do the regular beef ones with the Old El Paso taco kits. I'm willing to bet he would really love this recipe, though. (Dad, because I know you're reading this, I'll be sure to make it for you when I come to Georgia!) Anyway, these chicken tacos have a creamy sauce with a small spicy kick to them. Of course, the spiciness of it depends on your heat tolerance. CM doesn't find them very spicy at all. The ones in the photos are his, and he wanted the extra hot sauce on them. But mine were spicy enough for me without adding any additional sauce. 


Here's what you need:
  • An 8 oz block of cream cheese
  • 1 C of sour cream
  • 2 cans of cheddar cheese soup
  • 3 Tbs. of hot sauce (we prefer Frank's hot sauce)
  • 2-4 medium boneless chicken breasts
  • 1 packet of Good Seasons Italian Seasoning mix
  • Small, soft tortillas or hard taco shells
Here's what you do:
  • Using a hand mixer, blend the cream cheese, sour cream, cheese soup, and Frank's in a large bowl until well-blended and creamy.
  • Put the chicken into your Crock-Pot.
  • Pour your mix over the chicken and spread it out to evenly cover all of the meat.
  • Dump your seasoning mix over the top of everything.
  • Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours, or high for 4 hours.
  • Pull the chicken out, dice it up, and put separate it into the tortillas or shells.

  • Use a spoon to spoon out some of the sauce onto your chicken, as much or as little as you would like.
  • Add all the other taco toppings you love to your taco and enjoy!

Topped with shredded lettuce, shredded cheese, sour cream, and hot sauce.
 

I'm pretty sure my dad would love this twist on tacos. I know CM enjoyed it! One chicken breast makes enough meat for 3 tacos. The tacos are pretty filling, so plan on one chicken breast per person you're cooking for and you should have more than enough!

Let me know what you think in the comments, and be sure to share this recipe with your family and friends!






8 comments:

  1. Getting the stuff from the store tonight and making these tomorrow!! Along with your ravioli recipe I'm also going to try this week! You rock :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Please be sure to let me know what you think! I love hearing opinions from people other than my husband and his parents! haha

      Delete
  2. My mouth is watering. Seriously! This would be a perfect recipe for a busy weekday dinner. Pinning!
    I would love for you to share your creativity at my party: Show-Licious Craft & Recipe Party! Join us on Saturday mornings at 8:00 am EST to show off your awesomeness!

    ~ Ashley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thank you so much for this invitation! I checked it out and it didn't appear to be like the other kinds of link parties where I enter my information myself. So what do I need to do to take part in this? Just let me know and I'm happy to do it!

      Delete
  3. Your chicken tacos sound really yummy. Thanks for sharing on Saturday Dishes.
    I pinned them.
    Blessings,
    Diane Roark
    recipesforourdailybread

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for pinning them! :) I'll be back again this coming Saturday!

      Delete
  4. This sounds like a winning recipe! I'll definitely have to give them a try! Pinning.
    Thanks so much for sharing at Saturday Dishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I hope you enjoy them!

      Delete