Friday, April 18, 2014

Ranch Chicken Penne




As has been previously mentioned, CM loves ranch. And I've tried a recipe for Crock-Pot ranch pork chops, but I just didn't like cooking pork chops in the Crock-Pot. I decided to do chicken this time. I must say that this recipe was a success because he didn't even stop to give me his opinion like he usually does. He just kind of stuffed his face.

There's not much I can say about this meal other than it's easy, creamy, and a tad on the spicy side.

Here's what you need:
  • 3-4 chicken breasts
  • 8 oz of cream cheese
  • 1 can of cream of chicken soup
  • 1 can of cheddar cheese soup
  • 1 packet of ranch dressing mix
  • 1/8 tsp of oregano
  • 1/8 tsp of ground cayenne red pepper
  • 3/4 C of mozzarella
  • penne pasta
Here's what you do:
  • Place your chicken in the Crock-Pot
  • In a large mixing bowl, use a hand mixer to blend the cream cheese, both soups, the ranch dressing mix, oregano, cayenne red pepper, and mozzarella until it's creamy
  • Dump the mixture over the chicken and make sure it's evenly spread out.
  • Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours, or high for 2-3 hours.
  • When it's nearly done, cook your penne.
  • Put your chicken on top and cover with your sauce.


It was very filling and exactly what CM needed after a hard day of doing yard work! If you don't want any spice, simply take out the cayenne red pepper. If I could have had my way, I would have thrown some broccoli in there, but CM hates it. Green peas would also have made a really good addition if you're looking to add some veggies to it.



Let me know what you think and be sure to share this with your family and friends!


post signature

4 comments: