Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Creamy Swiss Chicken




I've been a little under the weather, so the last thing I want to do is cook dinner. As much as I love cooking, there are times when I'm just so exhausted that I don't want to do anything. But, my family has to eat, and I'd prefer not to eat fast food or give it to my family. What we eat may not be the healthiest of meals, but fast food is much worse in my opinion.

So, once again, my handy dandy Crock-Pot came to the rescue. And this time, it made us some creamy Swiss chicken. It took me about 5 minutes to get everything prepped, and it took just a few hours to cook. I microwaved some edamame, and voila! Dinner was served.




Here's what you need:
  • 4-6 boneless chicken breasts
  • 6 slices of Swiss cheese
  • 8 oz (1 block) of cream cheese (softened)
  • 1/2 C of milk
  • 1/2 stick of butter (softened or melted- it doesn't really matter)
  • 2 cans of cream of chicken soup
  • 1 to 1 1/2 sleeves of Ritz Crackers
  • Another 1/2 stick of butter (melted this time)
Here's what you do:
  • Put your chicken in your Crock-Pot and cover it with the slices of Swiss cheese.
  • In a large mixing bowl, mix with a hand mixer the cream cheese, milk, butter and cream of chicken soup together.
  • Pour the mixture over the chicken and Swiss cheese.
  • In a Ziploc bag, crush up all of the Ritz Crackers.
  • Dump in the melted butter and mix it around until all of the crushed Ritz are coated and buttery.
  • Spread the crushed Ritz all over the top of the chicken and sauce.
  • Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or high for 2-3 hours.

That was all it took and it made for a delicious, filling dinner. The most effort came from mixing the sauce ingredients together. I just love easy dinners like this.


Leave me a comment and let me know what you think about my Swiss chicken, and don't forget to share this with your family and friends!




post signature

1 comment: